Sir,

We are using mysql-3.23.38 and are using Red Hat Linux
7.0. The linux kernel version is 2.2.16-22.We are
using
an IBM-PC with 128 Mb RAM,intel PIII  processor.

We are presently using kannel SMS gateway-1.0.3 and
are
using Mysql as database.

We are using a C API to connect to the database.The C
API forms part of the gateway code.Whenever the
gateway
startup script is placed in a cronfile, the connection
to the database gets aborted resulting in the error
message "Got an error reading communication packets".

When the gateway script is NOT PLACED IN THE CRONFILE
the above error message does not come and WE CAN USE
THE DATABASE NORMALLY. However, the moment the
database access script becomes part of the cronfile,
the connection to the database is aborted.

1) The mysqld is configured to start up at system
startup time.

2) We copied the file "my-medium.conf" to
"/etc/my.conf".

3) We have two Ethernet cards on our machine. One of
these connects to a local LAN and the other connects
to a global IP address. We use the global IP in the
mysql_real_connect() function.

4) The mysqladmin variables are attached herewith.

Regards,

abhay1