Hi Samuel

I would do this in sql. I thinks this would be much more convenient to administrate.
It would be great if you would see these informations also in with the command eg:

show database storage

and you can see as return, where the files are located.

Thanks

Philip

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:13:50 +0200 (CEST)
Tonu Samuel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Jamie Krasnoo wrote:
>
> > Yes. It definitely would. I didn't know Yahoo uses MySQL.
> >
> > What would be great for an interim is if a script could determine the space
> > available and suggest the settings to create the table. I see that by
> > setting RAID_CHUNKS you could tell how many directories MySQL should make.
> > The script could evenly distribute those directories and make the links and
> > directories for MySQL.
> > Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 11:53 PM
> > To: Jamie Krasnoo
> > Cc: MySQL
> > Subject: Re: raid tables
> >

> > On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 11:48:04PM -0700, Jamie Krasnoo wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there a way to tell MySQL to automatically spread its tables over
> > > a number of disks without going through the trouble of symbolic
> > > linking the chunks to the different disks?
> >
> > There isn't yet, no. It'd certainly be a nice addition, though,
> > wouldn't it?
>
> As author of this RAID code I would like to know, how did you see this in
> your mind:
>
> - As MySQL command "DISTRIBUTE TABLES ...."?
> - As some kind of external script?
> - Other way?
>
> I would like to implement this feature but currently I do not see an
> smooth way to do it. Maybe something like "LINK RAID DIR 1 to
> /mnt/bigdisk" ?
>

> --
> For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
>    __  ___     ___ ____  __
>   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Mr. Tonu Samuel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, Security Administrator
> /_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Hong Kong, China
>        <___/   www.mysql.com

Besten Dank

Philip Markwalder

==============================