----- Original Message -----
> From: "Peng Yu" <pengyu...@gmail.com>
>
> Suppose I have two servers (one on mac and one on ubuntu), at any
> time I only change one server but not both servers. After I have done
>
> I think that probably it is OK to synchronize these two servers at
> the database file level using something like unison. However, this will

It's not generally a good idea to copy database files across platforms, let
alone possibly different versions of the mysql server.

You probably want to set up master-master replication, which should work fine
across platforms. If you are sure that you'll never change the (same) data on
both sides concurrently, there is pretty much nothing that can go wrong.

Have a look at the online documentation at mysql.com, it should be your first
stop for everything :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn