Thanks guys!

I figured there would be no clearcut answer. I was curious if there were any
nuggets of wisdom or rules of thumb I was overlooking.

We initially launched sharing db servers, but had performance trouble. We've
since tracked down problems in our app server config (WordPress does not like
to share an app server) and added memcache. So I think we're ripe for another
try.

Thanks again,
Ryan