On 10/19/2011 13:29, Michael Dykman wrote:
While we have him online, I think we could all take a moment and be grateful
for the contributions of Shawn Green.

When I see the Oracle-bashing on this list, I am often reminded that we
still have a hard-core MySQL developer who has survived the ride to Sun and
again to Oracle who is still providing us with timely expert advice.

Please, all of you, think twice before cutting up Oracle for their lack of
MySQL support.  Shawn has been plying this list forever doling out sound
advice and I have never heard him complain as we as we indirectly besmirch
him over and and over.

Thank you Shawn.

I am very humbled and honored. Thank you very kindly.

We, the old teams from MySQL, have fought very hard to maintain our identities as the product itself has changed ownership. Some battles we won, some we did not. Our support and development teams are still predominately intact since before the Sun acquisition. We have had to learn how to use some new tools and adjust to different corporate philosophies but our dedication to our customers or the quality of the product has never waned.

Certainly there have needed to be adjustments along the way. Some of them were painful (the loss of our old friend Eventum still haunts us today) some were easy (like having essentially one tier of support services for all customers).

I don't get as much time to spend monitoring this list as I used to. I contributed to this list before I worked for MySQL and I will continue being part of this community as long as MySQL is part of my life. If you would like to join me and become part of the MySQL team in any capacity, we are always scouting for new talent in all geographical areas. Please do not post any responses or resumes to this list or send them to my personal account. I can no longer accept them (it's one of those policy changes I mentioned earlier). Instead please look for a listing that you may be interested in at
http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/careers/index.html
and start the process there.

Again, thank you very much.

Humbly yours,