For me given the sample data the following worked.
The inner select says find all first messages, the outer says give me all
messages that are thus not first messages.

select * from table1 where messageID NOT IN (
select messageID from table1
group by userID
)

Some times just playing with the data will result in an aha moment.
I'm assuming where you show row 7 you meant row 8?