Something you're doing is creating a very large temporary table as part of handling it's query. Usual culprit would be something doing a full table join combined with an "order by" or "group by" which would typically cause MySQL to need to create a temp table.

You should do EXPLAINs on your slow-running queries to find out which ones are likely... If it is generating a 30gig file, I'd expect it must be a very slow query.

Regards
Antony,