Hi,
I am facing the following problem in pattern matching:
I want to check the pattern matching using LIKE on a
field that is declared as Binary and also contains
back slashes.
eg:
ID INT,
NAME VARCHAR(128) BINARY

I am using C-API of mysql to escape the characters
like '\'  for this field.

The samples field values for the above are:
"XYZ\ABC","PQR\ABC","DEFABC".

If I use the follwoing statement for pattrn matching:
SELECT NAME FROM [TABLE-NAME] WHERE NAME LIKE
"%\\ABC%"
.

Tried the other way too like this:
SELECT NAME FROM [TABLE-NAME] WHERE NAME LIKE
"%\\ABC%"
it returns all the three values instead of only two
Is this a bug  or what is the solution.

Regards,
Ravi