;>>> 2011/10/20 10:21 -0400, Shawn Green (MySQL) >>>>
On 10/19/2011 17:50,  wrote:
>I made this query a view, called "MEMBERP", no problem:
...snip...
>Only "GivenName" is derived from "GROUP_CONCAT" and is also a lesser field for
>ordering by. Why is that a problem?

Perhaps it is the USING clause that is messing you up. The USING() clause needs
to pick one source for MemberID and you appear to have two. Try converting to a
more explicit ON clause instead.
<<<<<<<<
However (ON, USING, NATURAL) I write joining the three tables on field
"MemberID", the outcome is the same, that error message.

Also you are mixing LEFT and RIGHT joins in the same query. While technically
not wrong, it's also not 'good form'. I suggest you alter the sequence of your
table definitions to use either all LEFT or all RIGHT like this:

FROM Address
LEFT JOIN Nam
  ON ...
LEFT JOIN Paid
  ON ...
<<<<<<<<
That seems strange to me.

Here, for clarity to my original intent, I write it with NATURAL:

FROM Nam NATURAL RIGHT JOIN Address NATURAL LEFT JOIN Paid

. To me it looks good, because it emphasizes "Address", wherin "MemberID"
originates (It is also in the order that I wish the fields to appear, although
I know MySQL handles almost everything LEFT). There is also no problem with
associativity, because it comes out the same whichever one is first taken.