On 10/28/2011 3:38 PM, jiangwen jiang wrote:
Hi, all:

I am confusing with seconds_behind_master, in mysql manual, it says:
In essence, this field measures the time difference in seconds between the
slave SQL thread and the slave I/O thread.

how to understand this description:
1. seconds_behinds_master = ts in SQL thread - ts in I/O thread, or
     seconds_behinds_mater = ts in I/O thread - ts in SQL thead
2. how to get the timestamp in SQL and I/O thread, when this time will
update?

Thanks
W.J

According to <High performance mysql>,

seconds_behinds_master is inaccurate, so I just skipped how it works...
If you want to measure slave lag, follow that book's suggestion:
One good solution is a heartbeat record,which is a timestamp that you update
once persecond on the master.To calculate the lag,you can simply subtract the
heartbeat from the current timestamp on the slave.