It depends on what you mean by pattern search?  You probably have to escape
the "\" character.  If you put a "\" in front of a character it means this
next character is what I say it is not it's MySQL representation.  This
would allow you to put a ";" or ")" in your query.  Simply put "\\" to mean
a backslash.

Scott

At 04:15 PM 6/18/2001 +0100, VVM Ravikumar Sarma Chengalvala wrote:
>Hi,
>Did mysql pattern search support a backslash
>character?
>Regards,
>Ravi

Scott Baker - Webster Internet - Network Technician
503.266.8253 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP KeyID: 0xC2153655