Those are your binary logs.  They store the data stream to be consumed
by your slaves.
.http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/binary-log.html

Are you using replication?  If so, you need to go to each of your
slaves and run the command 'SHOW MASTER STATUS;'. That will tell you
which files are currently being consumed by your slaves. Anything
older than the oldest one can be safely deleted.  (the older ones are
those with the lowest numbers embedded in the filename.

If you are not using replication,  erase them all.  You might also
want to turn of 'log-bin' in your configs.

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdyk...@gmail.com