At 02:45 AM 11/23/2011, you wrote:
Also,
since MySQL 5.1 MyISAM has an algorythm to detect if you are going to
delete a row without ever reading it,
so when you insert it, it will use the blackhole storage engine instead.
 :O   (NB: it is a joke)

Claudio

Claudio,
I have been using the blackhole storage engine for archiving my important data for the past 3 years, and I must say it is extremely fast and its compression level is fantastic. All 2.5 TB of data that I archived can fit on a single DVD. My boss is really impressed.

Mike
(joking)

2011/11/23 Johan De Meersman <vegiv...@tuxera.be>

> [...]

Claudio