this is NOT a memory issue

'myisam_use_mmap' in mysqld is buggy since a long time
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=48726

we are speaking of a HP ProLiant DL 380G7 in a VMware-Cluster
with 36 GB ECC-RAM while there are machines using InnoDB
with 'large-pages' and some GB buffer_pool_size on the same
host and not about some customer hardware