>>>> 2011/12/27 18:13 +0000, Mark Haney >>>>
So, what the heck is going on here?  I'm at the end of my wits.
<<<<<<<<
I suspect that you have to make the block delimiter something other than
semicolon, and set the block in a routine or trigger.

Semicolon terminates SQL routine statements, after PL1. If the block delimiter
also is semicolon, parsing the block begins too early. In many examples of
routine declaration it is changed to //, or another string not found in the
block or routine. I often use question mark, but, of course, that is useless in
case of "PREPARE".