Hello Stan,

On 2/3/2012 20:06, Stan Iverson wrote:
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Johan De Meersman<vegiv...@tuxera.be>wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stan Iverson"<iversons...@gmail.com>

I have a Mac and a Linux server and I need to read the table schema
for a database dump from MSSQL. Possible? How?

Heeh. If you're talking about an SQL dump into a textfile, that should be
doable - you might have to mess with some datatypes or so, but not
impossible.

If this is a binary dump, you're going to have to import it into an MS SQL
server, and proceed from there. MySQL connector for ODBC is one route you
could take.

Yes, it's a binary file; however, MySQL Connector for ODBC only works in
Windows and I'm using a Mac. If no other solutions, will try tomorrow on a
friend's PC.
TIA,
Stan

Are you sure that it only works for PC? If that's true, why do we have installation instructions for Macs and other non-Windows systems in the manual?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-odbc-installation.html

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN