Rik,

Your Crystal Ball was right! How did I miss that? You get the brownie point for
the day. Thanks!

I knew it wasn't version discrepancy because workbench ssh's into the DB, and
the script does as well, so it is running it on the native client in both
cases. My sysadmin was saying it was version discrepancy as well and I was just
sure that wasn't it.

Jim McNeely