JW,

I'm trying to understand LEFT JOIN as we go - but it's not working.

This query

SELECT *

FROM CUSTOMERS

LEFT JOIN CALLS ON CUSTOMERS.PHONE = CALLS.PHONE

WHERE CUSTOMERS.DATE = "02/28/12" AND (CALLS.PHONE IS NULL OR CALLS.DATE =
"02/28/12")

Is giving me some results which I'm not quite sure what they are - but it's
not the right results.

The way I'm testing is, on 02/28/12 I had 57 Customers created in the
CUSTOMERS table.

I also had a total of 105 Calls recorded in the CALLS table. Some calls were
from the same customers more then once.

Essentially, I need the result to be 86 which I got from some manual
calculations. Out of those 86 records, 1 record is in the CUSTOMERS table
but not in the CALLS table. The other 85 were in both tables.

The above LEFT JOIN query gave me 69 records and quite a few duplicate
entries. I'm trying to dissect it to understand what exactly it selected.

Thanks!

~~
LUCi5R
e:  luc...@luci5r.com