----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 9:20
Subject: please help (dumb permissions thing?)

> Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'netsloth'Could not
> drop database netsloth

Don't know what command you used but I would say you need to specify the
user.  Something like "-u root".  Otherwise check the user's permission.

> (i asume "drop" means to "drop 'in'" in this case?)

I have no idea what you mean by this.  The error message is correct as is.
In other words, you are trying to delete that database.

> is what i get back when i try to install the db 'netsloth.dump' from
> J Greenspan's book and CD.

Sorry, haven't heard of this book.

> please tell this newcomer what he has to do to fix this so i can get
> on with it... i've been at this for 2 days and am thoroughly stuck.
>
> please tell me the most basic user accesses to check.

The mysql manual, found at the mysql web site, is the best reference I have.