----- Original Message -----
> From: "Kinaan Khan Sherwani" <mr.sherw...@gmail.com>
>
> that MySQL server keeps data dictionary information in .frm files
> which it stores in the database directories, whereas InnoDB also stores
> the information into its own data dictionary inside the table space files.
>
> I want to know  where comes the difference between InnoDB internal
> data dictionary and table definition  ( .frm ) files . Do they store the
> same information about a table ?

InnoDB still stores .frm files for the benefit of the MySQL daemon. I'm no
master of the InnoDB internals, but it wouldn't be surprised to find that the
internal DD is a superset of what gets stored in the .frm files.

Perhaps the MySQL devel mailing list might be a better place to look for
information on the guts of InnoDB?

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn