Dear All,

Today i faced an issue while issuing commands on my innodb tables.
When I issued any drop table or alter table command my query gets into waiting state for more than 15-20 minutes.

Mysql Version :-5.5.4 community

I researched on the issue and find that every command try to get lock on the table before executing query on it.
After some R n D , i find and innodb_table_lock parameter in my.cnf.

After turning it off, my commands are executed with no issue.
What are the pros & cons of this modification & why it tries to lock tables, can anyons have some idea about the issue.

Thanks