Dear all,

I found the solution:

1.
If you want to use the shared memory protocol
locally on windows

a.
Stop the TCP/IP protocol by adding –skip-networking
in my.ini file.

b.
Add the shared memory protocol by adding –shared-memory
in my.ini file.

c.
Both should be added under [mysqld] option.

[mysqld]

# The TCP/IP Port the MySQL Server will listen on

port=3306

skip-networking

shared-memory

2.
Save the my.ini file.

3.
Stop the mysql service, by services.msc console.

4.
Start the mysql service.

5.
Connect to the server by typing:

Mysql  -h localhost  -u root
--protocol =memory  -p

Enter password : *****

6.
mysql> status;

--------------

mysql
Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.57, for Win32 (ia32)

Connection id:          1

Current database:

Current user:           root@localhost

SSL:                    Not in use

Using delimiter:        ;

Server version:         5.1.57-community MySQL Community
Server (GPL)

Protocol version:       10

Connection:             Shared memory: MYSQL

Server characterset:    latin1

Db
characterset:    latin1

Client characterset:    latin1