On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 09:47:27AM +0200, Stepan Havel wrote:

> The answers I find are on the one hand: Yes, it works perfectly, I
> run mysql on a Netapp filer for hunderts of years! , or on the other
> hand: It simply does not work with nfs and locking it core dumps
> inconsistent isam files and so on!
>
> Do you feel my problem? :-)

Certainly.

The good news is that people *have* made it work and are rather happy
with the setup. The first question I have is this: do you plan on
running multiple servers against the same data file on the netapp
filer? Or are you only going to have one active server (with another
available in case the first one dies)?

If you're only using a single server, it should work very well. If
you're using multiple servers, it should still work if you tell MySQL
to use it's external locking feature. Of course, you'll need to test
it in your environment. But I've heard of folks making it work.

Hope that helps a bit...

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.29: up 2 days, processed 20,305,680 queries (79/sec. avg)