From: Johan De Meersman [mailto:vegiv...@tuxera.be]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:28 AM
To: Baron Schwartz
Cc: MySql
Subject: Re: Deadlock due lockwait. How can I tell mysql to wait longer?

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Baron Schwartz" <ba...@xaprb.com>
>
> Because it can be resolved by rolling back just one of them. Why
> destroy ALL the work people are trying to accomplish, if you could
> just throw away some of it?

What I fail to understand, Baron, is how there can be a deadlock here - both
transactions seem to be hanging on a single-table, single-row update statement.
Shouldn't the oldest transaction already have acquired the lock by the time the
youngest came around; and shouldn't the youngest simply wait until the eldest
finished it's update?

Or is this a problem with the consistent view that I'm not seeing?

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

The information contained in this e-mail and any attached
documents may be privileged, confidential and protected from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient you may not
read, copy, distribute or use this information.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this message and then delete it
from your system.