after untaring  (or aftering runing the backing) you need to run the
apply-log option:
http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/howtos/recipes_ibkx_local.html

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Joey L <mjh2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running debian with mysql 5.1
> I am running the backup command like this :
> innobackupex --user=root --password=pass --stream=tar .^C| bzip2 - >
> ./xtra/052912backup.tar.bz2
>
> and doing the restore command like this in the /var/lib/mysql directory:
> tar -xvif ./xtra/052912backup.tar.bz2
> and then i permission the files with mysql.mysql user ---
> can you tell me what i am doing wrong ?
>

> 120603 15:07:30  InnoDB: Error: page 50 log sequence number 0 144162
> InnoDB: is in the future! Current system log sequence number 0 142388.
> InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
> InnoDB: tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. See
> InnoDB:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/forcing-innodb-recovery.html
> InnoDB: for more information.
> 120603 15:07:49 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld: Normal shutdown
>
> --

**

*Tom Sztur*

*LUSIGHT RESEARCH*

t. +1.416.934.7232

tom.sz...@lusight.com

Please visit us at www.lusight.com

This message is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient, we kindly ask you to inform the sender.  Any
un-authorized dissemination or copying hereof is prohibited.  This message
serves for information purposes only and shall not have any legally binding
effect.  Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can
not accept any liability for the content provided.