Hi all,

I've looked high and low for what I hope is a trivial answer.

I was trying to load a table using LOAD DATA INFILE.  Unfortunately, it craps
out because there are some duplicate primary keys.  Not surprising as the
source did not enforce uniqueness.  My problem is the load data simply dies
without indicating which line of the input file was in error; the error message
refers to line 3, which is not even the SQL statement for the LOAD DATA INTO
statement:

I can get the table loaded by specifying REPLACE INTO TABLE, but that still
leaves me with not knowing where the duplicate records are.

So...  I wanted to read the data line at a time and use a plain INSERT
statement.  That way I could check for duplicate keys and discover where the
duplicate records are.  However, I can't find a way to read input from the
console or a file.  What am I missing?  I know I could write a java or C++
program to do this, but it seems like overkill for what should be a trivial
task.

Thanks for any pointers,

Gary