On 06/27/2012 09:21 PM, Travis Briggs wrote:

I've seen http://bugs.launchpad.net/codership-mysql/+bug/890982 with the
same error in the trace, with the comment from ayurchen:
This leads me to conclude that compile-pentium64 script and its
derivatives is genuinely broken in MySQL and compile-amd64-* should be used
instead.

Is that true? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
-Travis

I wouldn't think using compile-amd64 would be a problem. IIRC, compiling for Intel would presumably enable certain compile options for intel chips. Same for AMD. However, I've compiled using both and honestly haven't found any difference. There may be some difference at really like transaction levels, but my DBs run pretty much the same compiled with either.

YMMV.

--

Mark Haney
Software Developer/Consultant