thank you very much, "leap second" was the translation
i missed for our german word "Schaltsekunde"

so i will reboot our infrastrcuture and rollout a kernel update
within which was timed for tomorrow after my vacation which is
now supsended :-)

P.S.: named DNS showas also interesting CPU spikes, but not permamently....