On 7/17/2012 8:22 PM, Carl Kabbe wrote:
On Monday, I asked if there were consultants out there who could help set up an
NDB high availability system.  As I compared our needs to NDB, it became
obvious that NDB was not the answer and more obvious that simply adding high
availability processes to our existing Innodb system was.

So, I am back asking if there are consultants lurking on this list that could
help with this project.

As has been discussed on this list many times before, there are many ways to measure 'high availability'. Most of them deal with what kind of disaster you want to survive or return to service from. If all you are looking for is additional production capacity then the terms you may want to investigate are 'scale out', 'partitioning', and 'replication'. All high-availability solutions require at least some level of hardware redundancy. Sometimes they require multiple layers in multiple locations.

Several of those features of MySQL also help with meeting some high-availability goals.

Are you willing to discuss your specific desired availability thresholds in public?

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN