I need some advice on how to export a tables data to import later into
Access.
This export HAS to be automated (and I'm using VC++ API for MySQL)

The problems I'm faced with are

(1) Before I can import this data into access I have to create the table
in access; I'm familiar with ADO and creating both tables and databases
automatically in a C++ proggie, but how can I find out the tables
structure - I suppose I can issue a query - "DESCRIBE thistable;"

(2) Adding records to access (ADO will have methods to do this thought I
would have thought).

(3) The biggest problem I can see is getting the data from a mysql
server (where-ever it may be) to reside locally (the computer issuing
the command) so that I can then reference it and add it to an access
database through ADO.  How can I get this data (effectively a "select *
from to table") to reside on the local machine.  Ideally what I want is
"export * from table to file.txt" - I know I'm wishing on a star here.
What's the easiest way to do this thought?
How can I use a SELECT to send the output to a file??

(4) I will need to insert data into MySQL. I've learnt that I can do
this with a LOAD DATA ... But is this issued in the same way as a query
is sent to the server.  It is essential to add data through the mysql
server not an add-on program shipped with MySQL.

I have a problem that I don't want the overhead of ODBC, or the reliance
on other programs bundled with MySQL because the host I'm connecting to
could be Windows, Linux, Unix Sparc etc...

Have a think and I'll appreciate any input you have to offer.  Please
bear in mind that all operations MUST BE AUTOMATED.

Thank you for your time.

---
Thanks lots
David Ayliffe ([EMAIL PROTECTED])