Are you trying to promote a slave as a new master and replace current master or
create intermediate slave? If it is the latter all you need to do is to:

1. Stop the slave
2. Add "log_slave_updates = 1" in the slave's config file
3. Copy the slave files to the new slave(s)
4. Start your intermediate slave
5. Add replication user on your intermediate slave and allow new slaves to
replicate
6. Start your slave(s) of intermediate slave
7. Issue following on your new slaves: CHANGE MASTER TO master_log_file =
'mysql-bin.000001', master_log_pos = 4;