----- Original Message -----

> From: "Johan De Meersman" <vegiv...@tuxera.be>

> The particular symptoms I'm seeing, is that I've lost all my archives
> from no-longer existing hosts. All hosts that are still being backed
> up are fine, but the old archives are irrevocably lost, with the
> exception of the one host that hasn't been disabled long enough to
> completely vanish.

Alright, so this is apparently not a bug, but by design: the retention period
is cached inside of each individual backup, and that's what the cleanup job
looks at. So you can change the retention period as much as you want, every
backup will still expire after the retention period that was in effect when it
was created.

Most counterintuitive, and I've suggested they consider changing that behaviour
in the future.

--

Linux Bier Wanderung 2012, now also available in Belgium!
August, 12 to 19, Diksmuide, Belgium - http://lbw2012.tuxera.be