Hi,
I try to install mysql-3.22.32-sun-solaris2.7-sparc on our department's SUN machine
and I failed several times. Is it possible to install this database on general user(
since I am not the root)? I followed the steps to install( ater I got the directory
for mysql-3.22.32-sun-solaris2.7-sparc ):
ln -s mysql-3.22.32-sun-solaris2.7-sparc mysql
cd mysql
scripts/mysql_install_db
Then it failed. below is the error information:
***************************
WARNING: Your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible with this MySQL version
mysqld should work normally with the exception that host name resolving
will not work.  This means that you should use IP addresses instead
of hostnames when specifying MySQL privileges !
Creating db table
Creating host table
Creating user table
Creating func table
Creating tables_priv table
Creating columns_priv table
ld.so.1: ./bin/mysqld: fatal: libcrypt_i.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

Installation of grant tables failed!

Examine the logs in ./data for more information.
You can also try to start the mysqld demon with:
./bin/mysqld --skip-grant &
You can use the command line tool
./bin/mysql to connect to the mysql
database and look at the grant tables:

shell> ./bin/mysql -u root mysql
mysql> show tables

Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using --log
gives you a log in ./data that may be helpful.

The latest information about MySQL is available on the web at
http://www.mysql.com
Please consult the MySQL manual section: 'Problems running mysql_install_db',
and the manual section that describes problems on your OS.
Another information source is the MySQL email archive.
Please check all of the above before mailing us!
And if you do mail us, you MUST use the ./bin/mysqlbug script!
I don't know what is the libcrypt_i.so.1? and I am curious what happend to me. I hope
somebody can help me thanks!

Cheers
Huang