Hi all,

I'm new to this list, fairly new to PHP and mySQL and I have a question
about syncing two databases. I search all over the web for this, including a
win32 version of rsync, but that's not suitable in my case, so here it goes:

I have a MySQL database A running on my local machine (Windows 2000, running
Apache 1.3.14/php4.0.4pl1)

I have another MySQL database B running on my ISP (Linux RedHat, running
ZEUS 3.3)

I use a tool called phpMyAdmin for managing these databases and it works
fine even on a remote connection. I also managed to link a MS ACCESS
database to the online MySQL database via ODBC drivers.

I'd like to take it one step further and synchronize A with B. Syncing has
to work both ways. I can't use rsync as I don't have direct access to the
folders where the table files are stored on my ISP.

I heard you can use log files to trace transactions and update databases
this way by queries but I don't know where these files are located and how
to read them. I don't even know if it's the way to do it. Could some one
point me in the right direction?

Thanks heaps.
Marc Aragnou