http://www.mysql.com/doc/R/E/RENAME_TABLE.html says:

As long as two databases are on the same disk you can also rename from one
database to another:

RENAME TABLE current_database.table_name TO other_database.table_name;

And as the user comments say, you can use ALTER TABLE with 3.22.

Copying can be done as well, just CREATE the table with the same table
definition, then use INSERT ... SELECT (using database.table instead of just
table).