From: Gary [mailto:listgj-my...@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:52 AM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: How to verify mysqldump files

Can anyone suggest how I could verify that the files created by mysqldump are
"okay"? They are being created for backup purposes, and the last thing I want
to do is find out that the backups themselves are in some way corrupt.

I know I can check the output of the command itself, but what if.. I don't
know... if there are problems with the disc it writes to, or something like
that. Is there any way to check whether the output file is "valid" in the sense
that it is complete and syntactically correct?

--
Gary        Please do NOT send me 'courtesy' replies off-list.

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
email, and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying
or disclosing them. LBI may, for any reason, intercept, access, use, and
disclose any information that is communicated by or through, or which is stored
on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.