Hi,

A subquery with IN clause is not a good idea. If you want to tune this
query, try adding indexes on the tables accessed in the inner query
"credits". A composite index on (success,promoter_id) would be sufficient,
then the optimizer will use this index for the where clause and as a
covering index for column "promoter_id".

This should improve performance by orders of magnitude.

Still we would recommend to turn this subquery in a join, which will
perform faster even if there are many records retrieved from the inner
query.

Hope this helps, let us know the results.

Regards,
Akshay S

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Paul Nowosielski <paulnowosiel...@yahoo.com