I was about to reply with a long message of all the steps I followed to
create replication but I did my steps about an hour ago and I have not
seen the replication fail so far.

BTW, I created my replication following the info on this web page:
http://crazytoon.com/2008/01/29/mysql-how-do-you-set-up-masterslave-replication-in-mysql-centos-rhel-fedora/

THANKS!!!

Nestor