----- Original Message -----

> From: "Akshay Suryavanshi" <akshay.suryavansh...@gmail.com>

> I was referring to a condition when there is no index on the tables,
> not even primary keys.
If you have a lot of data in there, may I suggest you (temporarily) add a
unique index and benchmark both methods? As I said, limit n,m is the last
operation that gets executed, so it requires rows 0-n to be fetched, too. On
deep pages that can be quite a lot of data needlessly fetched.

You might find that the expense of maintaining that index may be well worth the
speedup when fetching pages.

> Your explanation makes complete sense about the optimizer and the
> pagination queries.

> Thanks,
You're welcome.