Hello Zachary,

On 2/26/2013 4:42 PM, Zachary Stern wrote:
Any idea what can cause this? Can it be misconfiguration? Could it be
because I'm messing with MySQL's memory usage so much, or the thread
settings?

My config is linked at the bottom, for reference. I might be doing
something terribly dumb.

The stuff I've done under "# * Fine Tuning" worries me the most, but I'm
just not sure how I might be causing this.

I've seen things like this on other servers before but never been able to
nail down the issue. So my config options being the common denominator here
- I suspect that it's something I'm doing.

However - if there were missing commits, the data is gone as you said - so
wouldn't I never see it to begin with?

https://gist.github.com/zacharyalexstern/5042483

If binary logging is enabled, review your logs to ensure that the changes you think are going into your database, really are. If they are, look for anything that may remove data from a table like DELETE commands or ALTER TABLE ... PARTITION ... commands (dropping or resizing your partitions)

If you haven't already, verify in your error log that your MySQL isn't being randomly killed by your OS for exhausting its RAM.

If those are both a bust, enable the General Query Log and see if any other weird commands you don't recognize are being sent to your database.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/server-logs.html

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN