From: Reindl Harald [mailto:h.rei...@thelounge.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:55 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.27 user privileges question

says who?

you MAY need CREATE privileges
but it not uncommon have a defined scheme and not allow the user to create or
drop tables, the user below is able to do anything for a common web-app

to anser the OP's question

% in mysql is the same as * for the bash so yes, % means "any host"

Am 27.02.2013 18:38, schrieb Prabhat Kumar:
> you need CREATE Privileges.
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/grant.html#grant-privileges
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Rajeev Prasad <rp.ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> currently on this version of MySQL a database has been built for me
>> to use. and following privileges are given: I am not able to create a
>> table on my own. what privileges I need to create and modify tables in this
>> database?
>>
>> mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.27, for sun-solaris2.9 (sparc) using
>> EditLine wrapper
>>
>> mysql> show grants;
>>
>> +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>> | Grants for myuserid@%
>> |

>> +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>> | GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'myuserid'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD
>> '*4EF5......6' |
>> | GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON `mydb`.* TO 'myuserid'@'%'
>> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>>
>> at % means I can do the operations from other hosts too? using ssh

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
email, and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying
or disclosing them. LBI may, for any reason, intercept, access, use, and
disclose any information that is communicated by or through, or which is stored
on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.