Am 06.04.2013 18:18, schrieb attee...@gmail.com:
> You don't have to be a jackass to him/her.

surely, if someone is

a) to stoopid to understand that the thousands of subscribers CAN NOT
unsubscribe him
b) repeats the same line multiple times like a child

it is the sad truth that he is a idiot

> The CAN SPAM act requires that a single link, with no further action on
> behalf of the recipient, must be provided to unsubscribe.

you want your self make laughable?

* nobody is subscribed on a mailing-list per random
* everybody who subscribes needs to CONFIRM
* everybody who confirms receive a welcome message
* you should understand the difference of a newsletter and a mailing-list

besides these common facts for ANY mailing-list on this planet any mailing-list
sends a "List-Unsubscribe" header additionally to the footer with each message
and if your client does not give you a way to use this link make a bugreport
for your client, for thunderbird extensiosn to manage lists exists

> I see no such thing in the footer.  The website is terrible to navigate on
> mobile devices...

bullshit, i navigated to http://lists.mysql.com/mysql on my android phone
on the right side is a input filed labeled with "unsubscribe email address"
with a "go" button right next to the input field

> I don't see how I can unsubscribe myself either and I feel OP's pain

how did you manage to subscribe if you are too lowbrained
to enter you address in a text-field and press "go"?