On 4/9/13 1:54 PM, "Joe Kosinski" <joj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am trying to connect to a MySql database and I keep getting the
>following:
>
>       Cannot find (ping) database host Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook on the network
>       Failed to connect to Unix socket '/var/run/lirc/lircd'
>       No such file or directory (2)
>
>The database is located on a MacBook running OS X 10.8.  The MySql Server
>is running.
>
>Joe
>--

The hostname can't be found. Try localhost instead of
Joseph-Kosinskis-MacBook.

As for the next error, that's not a database error, that's a MythTV error.

lircd is the daemon for remotes (Linux Infrared Remote Control Daemon).

Notice: This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
email, and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying
or disclosing them. LBI may, for any reason, intercept, access, use, and
disclose any information that is communicated by or through, or which is stored
on, its networks, applications, services, and devices.