Hello Rick,

>Run your query twice; take the second time.  For most queries the first run
>brings everything into cache, then the second gives you a repeatable,
though
>cached, timing.
Yes, but  I need cache to be > my database size to prevent other pages from
pushing out pages for my query, right?
Or I need to do at the dedicated server..

>Please provide EXPLAIN SELECT, SHOW CREATE TABLE, and we will critique
>your indexes and query plan.
I speak about query optimization in general)

>Handler* is another way to get consistent values.  These numbers are
>unaffected by caching.
What variable exactly should I take?
Why can't I use" Innodb_pages_read"? That is number of page reads regardless
its source (pool or disk), is not it?

>1GB buffer_pool?  You have only 2GB of available RAM?  Normally, if you are
>running only InnoDB, the buffer_pool should be set to about 70% of
available
>RAM.
I will increase it now.
But I will need to disable swapping also to prevent my OS from swapping out
InnoDB pages.

Ilya.