Am 03.07.2013 01:25, schrieb Andy Wallace:
> Thanks for the response:
>
>> how large is your database?
> about 33GB, and growing
>
>> how large is innodb_ubber?
> from my.cnf:
>    # You can set .._buffer_pool_size up to 50 - 80 %
>    # of RAM but beware of setting memory usage too high
>    innodb_buffer_pool_size=2048M
>    innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 20M
>
>> how large is the table?
> about 60MB, 95K rows
>
>> for innodb innodb_buffer should be a large as the whole databases
>> not only the one, all of them, dumb but fact
>
> Yeah, to do that we'll have to throw a lot more memory in the machine.
> Thanks for the info

https://raw.github.com/major/MySQLTuner-perl/master/mysqltuner.pl

[!!] InnoDB data size / buffer pool: 7.8G/5.5G
Variables to adjust: innodb_buffer_pool_size (>= 7G)

2 GB innodb_buffer_pool is a joke for a dataset of 33 GB

that leads in permanently I/O on mixed load at the chances
are high that there are times where nothing needed to
operate is in the buffer_pool and on concurrent load
mysqld ends in repeatly swap data in and out of the pool

at least all repeatly accessed tables should fit
permanently in the buffer