> > I looked in mysql.config.pl and no "localhost" :(
> "mysql.config.pl" from what software damned?
> "mysql.config.pl" does not exist in context of mysql

It exists in the following folder on my Win8 box:

/Program Files (x86)/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.5/bin

Yes, apparently it does exist in context of mysql. At any rate, it didn't work.
Is there another config file in there?
<<<<<<<<

That is a Perl script, meant for, under Windows, configuration _reporting_. One
directory up look for "my.ini". As for its meaning, maybe
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/server-system-variables.html> helps,
after
mysqladmin -uroot -p variables > (somepathyoumayuse)
OR
mysql -uroot -p -e"show global variables" > (somepathyoumayuse)
for showing all variables that may be in that file.

For me the commands work also with "-hlocalhost" or "-h127.0.0.1" in the
command-line, as expected.

In any case, your original error message, although it is a MySQL error, as
Harald said does not look like something straight from MySQL client
("mysql.exe"), but something passed through another. What did you enter to get
it?

Note this quote:
The error (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on 'server' (10061) indicates
that the network connection has been refused. You should check that there is a
MySQL server running, that it has network connections enabled, and that the
network port you specified is the one configured on the server.