Hello Neubyr,

On 1/29/2014 7:16 PM, neubyr wrote:
I am trying to understand MySQL statement based replication with LOAD DATA
LOCAL INFILE statement'.

According to manual -
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-features-load.html -
LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE is replicated as LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE, however, I
am seeing it replicated as 'LOAD DATA INFILE'.

I was wondering why slave isn't getting LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE statements.
Appreciate any help on this.

Master is using MySQL 5.0 and slave is using MySQL 5.6.

-thanks,

The slave is not receiving the file from your local disk. When that file arrives at the master (due to your LOAD DATA LOCAL ..) it is stored in the binary log and copied (via replication) to the slave where the slave performs a server-side LOAD DATA... . This is how STATEMENT-based replication operates.

Does that make better sense?

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN