Well, I successfully solved our 2 gig file limit problem with RAID
tables without too much hassle, despite a dearth of documentation.
However, it has introduced another significant problem. It would seem
mysqldump isn't smart enough to look for raided tables. Taking the
server down to do nightly backups is a very unfavorable solutions with
orders coming in globally at all times. Is there

a) a way to get mysqldump to work with raided tables

or

b) another way to do tape backups while retaining file integrity and not
taking mysqld down?

Thanks,

Age

  Adriano "Age" Manocchia                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Cornell University                      AIM/Yahoo: BigRedWhat
  http://www.hockey.cornell.edu/age       ICQ: 5962736