From: Asma rabe [mailto:asma.r...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 5 March 2014 1:21 a.m.
To: geetanjali mehra
Cc: Johan De Meersman; mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: New to MySQL

Thank you very much for responding.
I have checked before installation if mysql is installed using which mysql ,i
found no mysql is installed.
next i did rpm installation and got the errors

rpm -i MySQL-server-5.6.16-1.el6.x86_64.rpm

I got the following errors
file /usr/share/mysql/czech/errmsg.sys from install of
MySQL-server-5.6.16-1.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
mysql-libs-5.1.61-1.el6_2.1.x86_64
file /usr/share/mysql/danish/errmsg.sys from install of
MySQL-server-5.6.16-1.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
mysql-libs-5.1.61-1.el6_2.1.x86_64

when i check now which mysql
 i found it has installed in /bin/mysql
when i try to run mysql

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/mysql/mysql.sock'
(2)

Any idea?
Thank you all for your kind help

Rabe