Hi again,

I removed Firewall on the win7 server, I set the server in Home network,
and joined the workgroup / homegroup.

>From other computers I can access \\server\Users, can ping it, but cannot
telnet to 3306 (which locally i can on both localhost and ip), nor connect
with DBVisualizer (which locally i can referring the server both by
localhost as well as its ip 192.168.0.12).

Thanks
Nicu